DuPage County Fathers' Rights Attorneys
Experienced Visitation Lawyers in Glen Ellyn and Wheaton, IL
The unfortunate circumstance of a child of divorce or separation is the sense of loss that he/she feels when both parents are no longer living together. Historically, the courts have leaned more heavily toward the mother in deciding child custody and visitation. Today, however, fathers are more involved in the lives of their children and many want to challenge the courts for equal consideration when deciding matters impacting the care of and contact with their child.
If you are involved in a divorce, paternity, child custody mediation, or any legal action that may threaten your rights as a father, a lawyer skilled in fathers' rights cases can make all the difference. The family law attorneys at Mulyk, Laho, & Mack, LLC will help you establish your parental rights in any court orders that potentially impact the course of your relationship with your child. We have successfully represented fathers' rights clients throughout DuPage County and it surrounding communities.
Advocates for Fathers' Rights in Illinois
Illinois courts guard the well-being of every child whose life is impacted through any family law matter that comes before it. It most decisions, it establishes the standards that support the rights and responsibilities of both parents. Sometimes fathers fail to get the protections and privileges they deserve, by rulings in the courts, or by actions of contentious ex-spouses or the mother of your child. You may feel the need for a lawyer by your side to protect your rights if you:
- Are involved in a dissolution of marriage or a legal separation that will likely alter your time with your child;
- Want to address the issues of sole custody or joint custody of your child;
- Object to the out-of-state removal of your child;
- Are suffering parental alienation from your child;
- Father a child out of wedlock and have to establish paternity;
- Have visitation rights that are being denied;
- Are seeking more visitation time or vacation time with your child;
- Need to participate in care-giving decisions for your child;
- Want to block the adoption of your child by a second husband;
- Need to secure inheritance, financial, medical, veteran, or social security benefits for your child; or
- Want to protect your child’s legal right to a father/child relationship.
Get Legal Help for Your Fathers' Rights Issues
The family law attorneys at Mulyk, Laho, & Mack, LLC know the importance of a father in the life of his child. No matter the issues that evolve between two parents, nothing should diminish the positive father/child relationship. When we represent you in your fathers' rights case, we will protect the full range of your legal rights and help you gain the force of law to insure compliance with those rights. Contact our attorneys at (630) 852-1100 to arrange an initial consultation. We have helped fathers throughout DuPage County, Kane County, Cook County, Will County, and Kendall County.